1 comments

Pruning the Blog Roll

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My blog-roll has gotten rather large. I have thought about how I might go about keeping it manageable. First I had to ask, is a large blog-roll a bad thing. Not really, but a large one might appear daunting to a reader. Furthermore, I want to keep it relevant. So, that left me with the thought of removing non-LOTRO blogs. This would eliminate a few, but in all honesty, not that many. Nearly every blog on their has LOTRO posts - just not every one of them. And the ones that don't, well, those are still interesting reads. And these are mostly the blogs that introduced me to reading blogs - they have a special place in my heart.

So I finally came to the conclusion. I want the content of The Middle-Earth Adventurer to be relevant and fresh. Therefore my blog-roll should point to blogs that do the same thing. I've as such decided that blogs that haven't been updated for over a month will no longer show up on the blog roll. This will not eliminate many of the blogs on the list either, but it doesn't compromise any of the other goals for the blog roll: relevancy, regularity, quality, etc.

This does not mean I have stopped following those blogs. As soon as they update, they'll be back on the roll. And you can still find them, if you've forgotten the address, via my profile and the list of blogs I follow. Let's call the blog roll a selected list and my profile the comprehensive list.

1 Responses:

MIke Says:

Sounds like a good plan. I know that with Under the Banner (And thanks for listing it) we had been inactive for well over a year, but are back. We will do in like fashion and add you to our list friend.

Have a wonderful journey in Middle Earth.

Mike