5

A Combined Community

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

It's an ongoing process between us LOTRO bloggers to figure out a way to build a more cohesive community in not only our blogs but in the larger space of the forums, the lore book, and perhaps even third party websites. The first step, however, seems to be making our blogs easier to access and creating an awareness of everyone involved in LOTRO blogging. As such as combined LOTRO blog has been created consolidating the posts from all the sites you see on the left sidebar. To create an even greater ease of use, I've included a link to the combined blog feed. With this feed you will be subscribed not only to The Middle-Earth Adventurer, but the rest of the LOTRO blogs on the list. Hopefully this should make following this emerging community a lot easier. Thanks goes to Tony over at MMeOw for creating the combined blog.

Like I said, this is the first step and I'm certain we'll be brainstorming even more ideas to build community here.

5 Responses to "A Combined Community"

Anonymous Says:

Yes, I was going to comment that MMeOw will be crucial in this process. He already has a strong infrastructure for putting together a good comprehensive blog.

Tony Says:

I also made a page with some examples of widgets we could use instead. If anyone knows a good one, I'd be all for it.

http://mmeow.net/widget-options/

MIke Says:

Sounds good guys. But I could not find the RSS feed :( Call my blind.

Tony Says:

http://combo.mmeow.net/feed/ is the feed for the combined blog currently.

Jaxom92 Says:

I know I mentioned something about a widget before, but I think I like the combined blog feed the best so far.